Liberty global’s upc deploys jungo panorama to enable remote management of horizon platform
Jungo’s Panorama to enable management of the entire connected home including both STB’s and gateways, resulting in lower support costs and high end-user satisfaction
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – BBWF, 16-18 September 2012 – Jungo, now part of Cisco, a leading provider of gateway and remote management solutions for home broadband service offerings, today announced that its Panorama remote management system has been successfully deployed by UPC in the Netherlands, a subsidiary of Liberty Global, the leading international cable operator, with the launch of the Horizon platform.
- Jungo’s Panorama is a TR-069 remote management system and customer support representative application that will enable UPC to manage the digital home in its entirety.
- Panorama provides service providers with the tools they need to control gateways, set-top boxes, “second screens” and other CPE as well as broadband voice data and video services. The result is better customer service and operational excellence, reducing costs and churn and extending the service providers’ visibility into the subscriber experience.
- Panorama presents customer support representatives with meaningful data in a friendly user interface, negating the need to browse through device data models with hundreds of parameters. It aids them in identifying and resolving problems, based on real-life experience. Panorama offers an intuitive top-down view, comprehensive information on the user environment, root cause analysis and a customizable interface.
- Together with NDS’ MediaHighway® middleware, the functionality of Panorama extends beyond the standard TR-069 data model, enabling better and faster fault discovery, analysis and resolution through the Horizon multimedia home gateway.
Gerrit Goedkoop, Vice President Customer Care, Liberty Global
“Jungo’s Panorama has shown to be a fantastic addition to the Horizon platform, enabling us to effectively manage the Horizon Gateway.” He continued “Panorama enables our customer support teams to identify real-life user issues in real time, and with the simplicity and effectiveness of the user interface resolve their issues in a faster and more effective way.”
Eran Rom, Chief Executive Officer, Jungo, now part of Cisco
“Panorama is a unique solution designed to manage the entire digital home. Liberty Global is a strategic partner for us and its selection of Jungo demonstrates that we are able to scale our solution to offer a whole home management to any operator, regardless of size or market.”
For further information:
Shelly Aks +972.54-2271368
Manager, Marketing Communications email@example.com
Cisco Press Contact: Industry Analyst Contact: Investor Relations Contact:
Sara Cicero Vince Vittore Carol Villazon
Cisco Cisco Cisco
(770) 236-2181 (847) 678-7604 (408) 527-6538
Jungo, now part of Cisco, is a leading provider of software products and solutions that power residential broadband service offerings and connectivity solutions. Our residential broadband products enable 40 million of the world’s residential gateways. Our connected home, application framework and remote management solutions let service providers easily launch value-added broadband services and manage and monitor their delivery. Jungo’s unique home broadband offerings enable service providers to accelerate the introduction of a variety of innovative, revenue generating digital home services, while enhancing their competitive edge and reducing operational costs.
Jungo’s connectivity solutions division offers extensive connectivity software solutions for USB and PCI, including WinDriver™, a driver development toolkit that enables developers to quickly create custom device drivers that can run on a multitude of operating systems without modification, and USBware™, a complete, high-quality embedded USB software protocol stack, allowing device manufacturers to easily incorporate standard USB OTG/Host/Device connectivity in their designs.
Jungo is now part of Cisco. See www.cisco.com/go/nds for more information.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
NDS is a registered trademark or trademark in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, among others, statements regarding Cisco’s ability as a result of the acquisition to transform how service providers and media companies provide next generation entertainment experiences, acceleration of the delivery of Cisco’s Videoscape platform, broadening opportunities in the service provider market and deepening customer relationships, expansion of Cisco’s reach into new and emerging markets, the expected benefits of the acquisition to Cisco and its customers, the expected financial performance of Cisco (including projections) following completion of the acquisition, and plans regarding NDS personnel. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, the potential impact on the business of NDS due to the uncertainty about the acquisition, the retention of employees of NDS and the ability of Cisco to successfully integrate NDS and to achieve expected benefits, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, customer markets and various geographic regions, global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment and other risk factors set forth in Cisco’s most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed on September 14, 2011 and May 23, 2012, respectively. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Cisco, which is subject to change, and Cisco will not necessarily update the information.
- Crossing the Chasm between the Service Provider Network and the Home Network
- Q&A: Interoperability in the Connected Home
- Coming Up in 2012…
- Jungo’s CEO Talking About the Connected Home at TIA 2012 (video)
- The case of the invisible root cause: Satellite service providers and customer support calls
- Using OpenRG in Poland’s Connected Homes
- Top 10 reasons for customer support calls, and how service providers can reduce them