The WinDriver™ device driver development tool supports any device, regardless of its silicon vendor, and enables you to focus on your driver’s added-value functionality, instead of on the operating system internals. WinDriver’s driver development solution covers USB, PCI and PCI Express
WinDriver for Servers/Data Centers
With Specific API for Server such as IPC, Buffer sharing, SRIOV and more. To enhance your WinDriver usage for you Server FPGA based devices.
WinDriver in your development product, API or SDK.
If you wish to use WinDriver within a development product, an API, or any part of a development product or environment you need to purchase the WinDriver SDK license.
Supported Operating SystemsWindows 10/8.1/Server 2012 R2/8/Server 2012/7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP, Embedded Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Windows CE/Mobile, and Linux
WinDriver features a set of ready-made libraries and hardware access functions that provides enhanced support for our PCI/PCI Express and USB hardware Partners.
WinDriver has thousands of customers worldwide that have used it to create numerous design wins. From scientific equipment to defense systems, from medical devices to consumer electronics, WinDriver assisted customers in focusing on their core expertise, by providing a straightforward yet reliable driver development solution.
- Easy user-mode driver development.
- Friendly DriverWizard allows hardware diagnostics without writing a single line of code.
- Automatically generates the driver code for the project in C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi (Pascal), or Visual Basic 6.0.
- Supports any USB device, regardless of manufacturer.
- Enhanced support for specific chipsets frees the developer of the need to study the hardware’s specification.
- Applications are binary compatible across Windows 10/8.1/Server 2012 R2/8/Server 2012/7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP.
- Applications are source code compatible across all supported operating systems — Windows 10/8.1/Server 2012 R2/8/Server 2012/7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP, Embedded Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Windows CE (a.k.a. Windows Embedded Compact) 4.x–7.x (including Windows Mobile), and Linux.
- Can be used with common development environments, including MS Visual Studio, Borland C++ Builder, Borland Delphi, Visual Basic 6.0, MS eMbedded Visual C++, MS Platform Builder C++, GCC, Windows GCC, or any other appropriate compiler/environment.
- No WDK, ETK, DDI or any system-level programming knowledge required.
- Supports multiple CPUs.
- Includes dynamic driver loader.
- Comprehensive documentation and help files.
- Detailed examples in C, C# and VB.NET.
- WHQL certifiable driver (Windows).
- Two months of free technical support.
- No run-time fees or royalties.
WinDriver’s Top Features
- Fast: Shorten driver development cycle and time to market.
- Simple: No OS internals or kernel knowledge required.
- Stable: Field-tested on thousands of HW and OS configurations.
- Enhanced Chipset Support: Silicon partners libraries to jump-start your driver development. Special samples for various PCI/USB chip vendors, such as
Alteraand Xilinx. WinDriver generates a skeletal driver code, customized for the user’s hardware.
- Multiple OS support and cross platform: WinDriver product line supports ?Windows 10/8.1/Server 2012 R2/8/Server 2012/7/Server 2008 R2/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP, Embedded Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Windows CE/Mobile, and Linux. The same driver will run under all supported operating systems without any code modifications. Just recompile!
- Immediate Hardware Access and Debugging: Test your hardware through a graphical user-mode application, without having to write a single line of code. Monitor kernel level activity throughout the driver development process.
- Performance Optimization: Use WinDriver’s Kernel PlugIn technology to develop your driver in the user-mode — then run performance critical sections of it in the Kernel Mode (Ring 0) to achieve optimal performance.
- WHQL Certifiable Driver: WinDriver’s Windows drivers are WHQL ready — you will not need to invest time and efforts on making your driver WHQL compliant. Jungo also can prepare the WHQL submission package for you.
- Field-proven quality: WinDriver’s technology enables you to concentrate on your core business and successfully create first-rate drivers without having to invest redundant resources in driver development from scratch.
- User-mode programming: WinDriver’s architecture enables driver development in the user mode, while maintaining kernel-mode performance.
- 64-bit Support: Allow utilizing the additional bandwidth provided by 64-bit hardware and enable 64-bit data transfer on x86 platforms running 32-bit operating systems. Drivers developed with WinDriver will attain significantly better performance results than drivers written with the DDK or other driver development tools that do not support this feature.
- Complete .NET Framework Support: Easily incorporate WinDriver’s C# or VB.NET code into your existing .NET application using the powerful object oriented managed extensions for C++ library.
WinDriver products are accompanied with highly detailed technical references that are designed to assist you in various stages of the development process. If you have just started evaluating or using WinDriver, you may find our Quick Start Guideshelpful. Should you require more in-depth information, or would like to know more about the technical aspects of WinDriver, please refer to our Online Manual. For other technical resources, such as FAQs and technical documents — see WinDriver’s Support Page.
“When I found the Jungo Tools I initially looked at the online video showing how to drive the kit. When I tried out the real software I was amazed that within ten minutes I had my first driver working and could interact with my custom FPGA-based board.”
Martin Kellermann | Staff Strategic Application Engineer| Xilinx