WinDriver » PCI for Solaris
WinDriver for Solaris automates and simplifies the development of user-mode Solaris device drivers for PCI / CardBus / ISA / ISAPnP / EISA / PMC / PCI-X / PCI-104 and CompactPCI. No OS internals knowledge or kernel level programming required.
WinDriver for Solaris is the only device driver development tool that offers a graphical user interface (GUI) under Solaris.
Powerful Tools Included
- Hardware diagnostics
- Automatic driver code generation
- Driver debugging
- Hardware access — using our intuitive API (see WinDriver's Manual).
Reduce Time to MarketWinDriver provides a complete solution for creating high performance drivers, and enables you to focus on your driver's added-value functionality, instead of on the operating system internals.
Supported Platforms and Operating Systems
- Solaris 8, 9, 10, OpenSolaris.
For Solaris 8 it is recommended to use update #3 or higher (available from Sun).
- PCI / CardBus / / PMC / PCI-X / PCI-104 or CompactPCI
- 64-bit or 32-bit kernel on SPARC
32-bit kernel on x86
- Any 32-bit or 64-bit development environment supporting C, preferably GCC
- The libgcc package
- WinDriver can be customized to run with any Solaris flavor.
- Supports Plug-and-Play and power management events handling.
- Supports I/O, DMA, interrupt handling and access to memory mapped cards.
- Supports multiple CPU and multiple PCI bus platforms.
- Includes dynamic driver loader.
- In order to properly install WinDriver for Solaris check out the Installation Instructions page.
- Friendly Wizard:
WinDriver provides hardware verification and diagnostics, automatic code generation and driver debugging, all through a graphical DriverWizard.
- Immediate Hardware Access:
Test your hardware through a graphical user mode application, without having to write a single line of code.
- Code Generation:
WinDriver automatically generates skeletal driver code specific to your hardware, for
MS Developer Studio / MSDEV .NET/ Borland Builder / MS Visual Basic / Delphi.
In addition to supporting any PCI peripheral, WinDriver includes enhanced support for leading PCI vendors, such as PLX, Xilinx and Altera.
This enhanced support includes vendor-specific driver samples, which can be used to further accelerate the driver development process.
- Driver Debugging:
Included graphical Debug Monitor to monitor kernel level activity throughout the driver development process.
- PCI Express Extended Support for Vista:
WinDriver enables you to utilize PCIe MSI and MSI-X now supported on Windows Vista. Read more on our PCI-Express page.
- Detailed examples in C.
- 64-Bit Hardware Support on 32-bit Systems:
Allows utilizing the additional bandwidth provided by 64-bit hardware and enables 64-bit data transfers on x86 platforms running 32-bit operating systems. Drivers developed with WinDriver will attain significantly better performance results than drivers written with the DDK or other driver development tools that do not support this feature.
- 64-Bit Architectures Support: WinDriver supports the 64-bit SPARC architectures. For supporting Solaris on x86 64-bit systems please contact Jungo sales.