WinDriver™ PCI for Windows CE & Windows Mobile 6.0 automates and simplifies the development of Windows CE device drivers for PCI / CardBus / ISA / PMC / PCI-X / PCI-104 and CompactPCI. No OS internals knowledge or kernel level programming required.
WinDriver for WinCE
Supported Platforms and Operating Systems
- An x86 / MIPS / ARM Windows CE 4.x – 7.0 (.NET) target platform
ARMV4I Windows Mobile 6.0 target platform.
- Windows 8/Windows 7/ Vista /Server 2008/Server 2003/ XP /XP Embeddedhost development platform.
- For Windows CE 4.x – 6.0: Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ with a corresponding target SDK or Microsoft Platform Builder with a corresponding BSP (Board Support Package) for the target platform.Also required:
For Windows Mobile 6.0: Microsoft Visual Studio (MSDEV) .NET 2005.
- Hard drive space:
- x86 : 50MB
- MIPS : 50MB
- ARM : 50MB
“When I found the Jungo Tools I initially looked at the online video showing how to drive the kit. When I tried out the real software I was amazed that within ten minutes I had my first driver working and could interact with my custom FPGA-based board.”
Martin Kellermann | Staff Strategic Application Engineer| Xilinx
- Easy user-mode driver development.
- Friendly DriverWizard allows hardware diagnostics without writing a single line of code.
- Automatically generates the driver code for the project in C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi (Pascal), or Visual Basic 6.0.
- Supports any USB device, regardless of manufacturer.
- Enhanced support for specific chipsets  frees the developer of the need to study the hardware’s specification.
- Applications are binary compatible across Windows 8/7/Vista/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP.
- Applications are source code compatible across all supported operating systems —Windows 8/7/Vista/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP, Windows CE (a.k.a. Windows Embedded Compact) 4.x–7.x (including Windows Mobile), and Linux.
- Can be used with common development environments, including MS Visual Studio, Borland C++ Builder, Borland Delphi, Visual Basic 6.0, MS eMbedded Visual C++, MS Platform Builder C++, GCC, Windows GCC, or any other appropriate compiler/environment.
- No WDK, ETK, DDI or any system-level programming knowledge required.
- Supports multiple CPUs.
- Includes dynamic driver loader.
- Comprehensive documentation and help files.
- Detailed examples in C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi (Pascal), or Visual Basic 6.0.
- WHQL certifiable driver (Windows).
- Two months of free technical support.
- No run-time fees or royalties.
WinDriver’s Top Features
- Fast: Shorten driver development cycle and time to market.
- Simple: No OS internals or kernel knowledge required.
- Stable: Field tested on thousands of HW / OS configurations.
- Enhanced Chipset Support: Silicon partners libraries to jump-start your driver development. Special samples for various PCI / USB chip vendors, such as PLX,Altera, Cypress, Silicon Laboratories, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments andXilinx. WinDriver generates a skeletal driver code, customized for the user’s hardware.
- Multiple OS support and cross platform: WinDriver product line supportsWindows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / Server 2008 / Server 2003 / XP / XP Embedded,Windows CE / Mobile, Linux . The same driver will run under all supported operating systems without any code modifications. Just recompile!
- Immediate Hardware Access and Debugging: Test your hardware through a graphical user-mode application, without having to write a single line of code. Monitor kernel level activity throughout the driver development process.
- Performance Optimization: Use WinDriver’s Kernel PlugIn technology to develop your driver in the user-mode – then run performance critical sections of it in the Kernel Mode (Ring 0) to achieve optimal performance (more).
- WHQL Certifiable Driver: WinDriver’s Windows drivers are WHQL ready – you will not need to invest time and efforts on making your driver WHQL compliant. Jungo also can prepare the WHQL submission package for you.
- Field-proven quality: WinDriver’s technology enables you to concentrate on your core business and successfully create first-rate drivers without having to invest redundant resources in driver development from scratch.
- User-mode programming: WinDriver’s architecture enables driver development in the user mode, while maintaining kernel-mode performance.
- 64-bit Support: Allow utilizing the additional bandwidth provided by 64-bit hardware and enable 64-bit data transfer on x86 platforms running 32-bit operating systems. Drivers developed with WinDriver will attain significantly better performance results than drivers written with the DDK or other driver development tools that do not support this feature.
- Complete .NET Framework Support: Easily incorporate WinDriver’s C# or VB.NET code into your existing .NET application using the powerful object oriented managed extensions for C++ library.
WinDriver products are accompanied with highly detailed technical references that are designed to assist you in various stages of the development process. If you have just started evaluating or using WinDriver, you may find our Quick Start Guideshelpful. Should you require more in-depth information, or would like to know more about the technical aspects of WinDriver, please refer to our Online Manual. For other technical resources, such as FAQs and technical documents — see WinDriver’s Support Page.