WinDriver™ PCI/USB for Linux Arm automates and simplifies the development of Linux Arm device drivers for PCIe / PCI-X / PCI-104 / CompactPCI and USB. No OS internals knowledge or kernel level programming required.
WinDriver for Linux Arm Supported Platforms
WinDriver was built and tested on the following platforms and OSes. Jungo can offer support for other platforms upon request at [email protected]
- #1 ARM Cortex A7 – Broadcom: Raspberry PI 2/3/4 : running Raspbian Stretch with kernel version 4.14.79-v7+. PI 4b: running Raspbian with kernel version 4.19.75-v7l+
- #2 ARM Cortex A9 – Solid Run: I.MX6 MicroSoM i2 (Hummingboard2) running Armbian’s Ubuntu Xenial Desktop Kernel Version 4.11.6-cubox
- #3 ARM Cortex A9 – Boundary: BL-SL-I.MX6 (formerly Sabre LITE) running Debian nitrogen kernel version 4.9.88-6-boundary-14s
- #4 ARM Cortex A15 – NVidia: Jetson TK1 running Ubuntu 16.04 kernel version 3.10.40-g8c4516e
- #5 ARM64 Cortex A53 – Broadcom: Raspberry PI 3b+ – running 64bit Xubuntu 18.04 kernel version 4.15.0-1010-raspi2 or Ubuntu Server 18.04.2 kernel version 4.15.0-1033-raspi2
- #6 ARM64 Cortex A57 – NVidia: Drive PX2 running Ubuntu 18.04 kernel version 4.9.38-rt25-tegra
- #7 ARM64 Cortex A57 – NVidia: Drive TX2 running Ubuntu 16.04 kernel version 4.4.38-tegra
WinDriver for Linux Arm Installation Instructions:
Starting from WinDriver 14.00, Jungo distributes unified ARM and ARM64 versions, in an attempt to support as much platforms as possible. We have tested different platforms to work with WinDriver, but we believe that other platforms with similar credentials should work with these setups.
Therefore we provide an installation script “wd_arm_install.sh” or “wd_arm64_install.sh” that allows the user to either try differently compiled WinDriver kernel modules manually or automatically, until the user hopefully succeeds in installing them.
In order to start:
- Make sure you have all WinDriver dependencies for Linux (gcc, make, kernel sources/headers for your running kernel). Qt applications are currently not supported under ARM, therefore the Qt DLLs are not required.
- Untar the WinDriver installation file.
- Run the following:
cd WinDriver/redist && chmod +x wd_arm_install.sh && sudo ./wd_arm_install.sh
cd WinDriver/redist && chmod +x wd_arm64_install.sh && sudo ./wd_arm64_install.sh
- Pick the platform type to install WinDriver for it, or choose automatic install to attempt installation of all available versions of WinDriver on your platform.
- If installation succeeded, the script will exit. You may modify the script’s source code to redistribute the driver if needed.
- If all installations failed – feel free to contact Jungo’s support for assistance in getting WinDriver to run on your platform, or for porting WinDriver for it, at [email protected].
- Easy user-mode driver development.
- Friendly DriverWizard allows hardware diagnostics without writing a single line of code.
- Automatically generates the driver code for the project in C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Python, Java.
- Supports any USB device, regardless of manufacturer.
- Enhanced support for specific chipsets frees the developer of the need to study the hardware’s specification.
- Applications are binary compatible across Windows 10/8/7/Vista/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP.
- Applications are source code compatible across all supported operating systems —Windows 10/8/7/Vista/Server 2008/Server 2003/XP, Windows CE (a.k.a. Windows Embedded Compact) 4.x–7.x (including Windows Mobile), and Linux.
- Can be used with common development environments.
- No WDK, ETK, DDI or any system-level programming knowledge required.
- Supports multiple CPUs.
- Includes dynamic driver loader.
- Comprehensive documentation and help files.
- Detailed examples in C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Python, Java.
- WHQL certifiable driver (Windows).
- Two months of free technical support.
- No run-time fees or royalties.
WinDriver’s Top Features
- Fast: Shorten driver development cycle and time to market.
- Simple: No OS internals or kernel knowledge required.
- Stable: Field tested on thousands of HW / OS configurations.
- Enhanced Chipset Support: Silicon partners libraries to jump-start your driver development. Special samples for various PCI / USB chip vendors, such as PLX,Altera, Cypress, Silicon Laboratories, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments andXilinx. WinDriver generates a skeletal driver code, customized for the user’s hardware.
- Multiple OS support and cross platform: WinDriver product line supportsWindows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / Server 2008 / Server 2003 / XP / XP Embedded,Windows CE / Mobile, Linux . The same driver will run under all supported operating systems without any code modifications. Just recompile!
- Immediate Hardware Access and Debugging: Test your hardware through a graphical user-mode application, without having to write a single line of code. Monitor kernel level activity throughout the driver development process.
- Performance Optimization: Use WinDriver’s Kernel PlugIn technology to develop your driver in the user-mode – then run performance critical sections of it in the Kernel Mode (Ring 0) to achieve optimal performance (more).
- WHQL Certifiable Driver: WinDriver’s Windows drivers are WHQL ready – you will not need to invest time and efforts on making your driver WHQL compliant. Jungo also can prepare the WHQL submission package for you.
- Field-proven quality: WinDriver’s technology enables you to concentrate on your core business and successfully create first-rate drivers without having to invest redundant resources in driver development from scratch.
- User-mode programming: WinDriver’s architecture enables driver development in the user mode, while maintaining kernel-mode performance.
- 64-bit Support: Allow utilizing the additional bandwidth provided by 64-bit hardware and enable 64-bit data transfer on x86 platforms running 32-bit operating systems. Drivers developed with WinDriver will attain significantly better performance results than drivers written with the DDK or other driver development tools that do not support this feature.
- Complete .NET Framework Support: Easily incorporate WinDriver’s C# or VB.NET code into your existing .NET application using the powerful object oriented managed extensions for C++ library.
WinDriver products are accompanied with highly detailed technical references that are designed to assist you in various stages of the development process. If you have just started evaluating or using WinDriver, you may find our Quick Start Guideshelpful. Should you require more in-depth information, or would like to know more about the technical aspects of WinDriver, please refer to our Online Manual. For other technical resources, such as FAQs and technical documents — see WinDriver’s Support Page.